Applications are closed for 2018
Festival Marketplace Guidelines and Application
In September 2018, the National Folk Festival will celebrate its first year in Maryland! Salisbury will come alive for three days of FREE outdoor music, non-stop dancing, family activities, storytelling, craft demonstrations, parades, regional and ethnic foods, and so much more!
The Festival Marketplace at the National Folk Festival exclusively features the juried, handmade creations of the finest artists and craftspeople from the State of Maryland and the Delmarva Peninsula. It will include both deeply traditional crafts and more contemporary artistic expressions.
BOOTH FEE, BOOTH SIZE, AND IMPORTANT DATES ARE IN THE GUIDELINES.
In order to ensure quality and integrity, a committee selects vendors based on a set of criteria that includes:
- traditionality (if applicable)
- connection to state/regional/local traditions
- artist’s relationship to his/her cultural/artistic community
- presentation (booth)
The committee reviews all applications and selects vendors who best meet these criteria.
Eligible items include, but are not limited to:
- custom furniture
- textile art
- stained and blown glass
- mixed media*
- packaged made-in-Maryland/Delmarva food products
*For vendors interested in selling paintings or mixed media, the artist may sell prints of an original work as long as the original work is displayed at the Festival.
Ineligible items include, but are not limited to:
- crafts made from store-bought kits or molds
- commercial reproductions
- imported finished goods
- manufactured items that have been assembled
Additional notes for applicants:
- Vendors offering activities or services such as face painting or photo booths will not be considered.All packaged food items sold must be made in Maryland or Delmarva Peninsula.
- The Festival strives to present a well-rounded marketplace; therefore, we may limit multiple vendors showcasing similar items.
- Applicants will receive notification regarding acceptance status in early Spring 2018 (no later than May 7, 2018).
- The National Folk Festival reserves the right to deny any application without explanation.
The following are the festival’s marketplace vendor guidelines.
Please read the guidelines thoroughly and submit your application online on SlideRoom at:
The application must be submitted with a non-refundable $35 application fee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Stay up-to-date on National Folk Festival news!
Join our E-mail List!