National Folk Festival Marketplace is back in 2022
The National Folk Festival is excited to announce the return of the Festival Marketplace in 2022 with generous support from the Perdue Family. The Festival Marketplace will exclusively feature the juried, handmade creations of the finest artists and craftspeople from the State of Maryland and the Delmarva Peninsula. It will include both deeply traditional crafts and more contemporary artistic expressions.
Applications for artists and crafts people are now open. Selected applicants will be invited to join the 81st National Folk Festival in Downtown Salisbury, Maryland, August 26-28, 2022. Applications may be submitted through the festival portal on SlideRoom (https://nationalfolkfestival.slideroom.com/)
Application Deadline: Monday, April 4, 2022
Eligible items include, but are not limited to:
- custom furniture
- textile art
- stained or blown glass
- mixed media
- packaged made-in-Maryland/Delmarva food products
Ineligible items include, but are not limited to:
- crafts made from store-bought kits or molds
- commercial reproductions
- alcohol or tobacco products
- imported finished goods
- manufactured items that have been assembled
Applicants MUST read through the Festival Marketplace Guidelines BEFORE they consider applying. The guidelines may be found and downloaded on the festival website at: https://www.nationalfolkfestival.com/marketplace-vendors
Applying vendors are required to submit the following electronically through the festival portal on SlideRoom (https://nationalfolkfestival.slideroom.com/) by no later than April 4, 2022:
- A completed and successfully submitted festival marketplace vendor application.
- Applicants will receive email confirmation of their successful submission. If you DO NOT receive a confirmation, your application was not successfully submitted and therefore will not be considered. It is the vendor’s responsibility to ensure a successful application has been submitted.
- Festival organizers may request clarification; failure to provide requested clarification is grounds for rejection.
- Four (4) current photographs of their artistic work to be sold.
- One (1) current photograph of their booth sales operation.
- A non-refundable $35 application fee must be submitted with your application by credit card.
Additional Application Information
- Application does not guarantee acceptance.
- Vendors must apply each year in order to be considered. Acceptance in the past does not guarantee acceptance in future years.
- Failure to meet application deadline may result in rejection of application.
- The National Folk Festival reserves the right to deny any application without explanation.